|Want to join us?|
- Annual Autumn Lecture: Thursday 16 November, at 7.15 p.m. (in the Council Chamber, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford)
Admission free, no booking required.
Subject: “German democracy: how is it different?”
Speaker: Dr. Emanuele Massetti, Lecturer in Comparative Politics, University of Surrey, whose research includes the study of federalism and multi-level governance, and electoral systems/reforms across Western Europe; he will address for us questions such as:
• What is the current German set-up?
• How does it work in practice?
• How effective is it?
• How does it compare with the British system and others?
This topic is particularly relevant just now in view of the recent German elections, and the comparison with other systems should be fascinating and instructive.
- German Christmas Market (in the Guildhall, Guildford): Sunday, December 3, 2017 - save the date!
Guildford is twinned with Freiburg im Breisgau, a beautiful historic city in Baden-Württemberg. The Association, chaired by Barbara Ford, supports the twinning.
We promote social, sporting, cultural, business, tourism and educational contacts and exchanges – in short, collaboration and friendship
Join us and enjoy:
- social events
- arts events
- guided trips to Freiburg
- supporting the twinning
For further information about Freiburg and the twinning, and for details of our activities, use the menu options on the left side of this page.
. Last updated: November 05, 2017